• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

direct x 9 killed my computer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dougan

Anyone help? I just got done installing d9 for splinter cell, rebooted, now the computer just reboots over and over, I tried safe mode but no good =( Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

system restore with windows xp pro... or put in the disk boot to it and manually remove what you jsut installed ... also for a note windows xp is real stubborn so half way thru loading shut it off.. it likes to give you the option to load last good settings that worked ... windows xp pro sometimes yoj got to knock its lights out before you punch the info in... :)

Have you tried Last Known Good Configuration at the boot menu screen. Hopefull that works. Maybe try to repair your windows install, that should do it. Good luck!

Matt

I tried last know config and that didnt work. ive heard of dx 9 problems but this is rediculous. I guess ill try repair boot ini maybe that will work.

Anyone know how I can remove this d9 using system recovery console?

if memeory servers right there is another system recovery after the command prompt option.. if you choose install windows xp again instead of recover....it will give you option to repair the present installation.. give that a go before you manhandle the error

I had a similar problem once. I just popped the WinXP cd in my drive, and did a repair. Let it restart and "walla!" it worked. I don't even know what it repaired. If all else fails, if you have another hdd laying around, just install xp on that drive and hook up your other drive. Grab anything you need to backup, and then reformat.

If you dont have another hdd, then you might have to reinstall. It sucks, not being able to get any of the stuff that you need first.

We have all been there :mad:

ahh forgot about that one ill give it a try. Thanks a ton!

Back