• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 2K Networking Password

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesdait

Registered
I have a Windows 2000 Pofessional and Windows 98 network. I can acces the files on my Win 98 computer fine from my Win 2k computer but when I try and look at my Win 2k computer from the Win 98 it asks me for a password an when i press enter and leave it blank as I haven't set any passwords on it it won't let me in. Why is it doing it to me?

you need to logon to the windows 98 system with a username and passwords that exsists on the windows2k system.
That will take care of ya...

Another simmilar problem

As jamesdait mention I got the simmiliar problem whereas instead of asking a password it mention the your password has expired. In our office netwrk everyone logging using the guest account and in w2k pro machine they create and account and log intothe network. It is a sort of workgroup enviroment. So can anybody tell me how to overcome this problem cause only windows 2000 and winxp giving this problem to us.

Back