• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about booting into windows 98

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiv1117

Registered
Don't know if this is the right forum or not, but I am currently working on an old computer, and i have performed a clean install of windows 98. The main problem i am having is that when ever i have any of the cd drives plugging in, windows will hang on the splash screen, but while they are unplugged, it boots fine. If anybody knows how to fix this, or has some suggestions, it would be appreciated

Well, the system is a Pentium 133, 54mb of ram, 2x15GB hard drives, not really quite sure of the brands of the cd drives, but i will be looking that up once i get off of work. And it is not a brand name computer

do you have the master/slave settings set right? also make sire that the cable has the red line on the #1 pin (usually on the side of the power plug on the device.

I have them setup correctly, plus i am really only worried about the cd burner, because thats all the owner wants working, but if i can get both cd drives running, it would be better, and the IDE cables are plugged in the right way, because if not that computer wouldn't even boot

Back