• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone watercooled a A7M266-D Dually board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

I'm about to WC my dually, and was wondering if anyone had any problems with the Maze-3 socket holddown on this motherboard?

also, do you think a chevette heatercore with 2 120mm fans push/pull would be enough to handle 2 cpus?

Last edited:
i have not water cooled that board, but i did it on a gigabit dual amd with twin mp 2100's and it worked great, and yes the chevette heatercore is more then enough, i keep my dual cpu's right near 15c over room temp with them folding 24/7, but i think i need more flow for them to cool better, as water in the res is at or near room temp all the damn time :)

The watercooling kits from swiftech recommend one of their small 80mm radiators for each CPU and VGA block. That would be for people who want quiet and normal cooling. Surely a shrouded chevette heatercore is better than 2 of the small 80mm radiators. So, I think a chevette heatercore would be enough for satisfactory cooling.

I'd use the largest heatercore that would fit into your case and try it.

well I spoke with a few people in the SMP forum that are running similar setups. Looks like the heatercore should be able to handle it...and really I'm mainly going for noise reduction this go around anyway. But I can always add another rad in it if nessissary.

I'll keep you guys posted, everything should be in on Tuesday.

Back