• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS 1013 for P4C800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I updated both yesterday and something cost me about 4K points in 3DMark01. I'm not sure which is the culprit but I'm guessing the Intel drivers. I'm going reinstall the old one this evening and see if it flips back. I'll keep you posted on results.

mrgreenjeans said:
I updated both yesterday and something cost me about 4K points in 3DMark01. I'm not sure which is the culprit but I'm guessing the Intel drivers. I'm going reinstall the old one this evening and see if it flips back. I'll keep you posted on results.

I assume You mean "going to install new windows"?
This .inf file is ment to install just after You finish Your new win istall, the very first file You put to your windows. It is not an update.

.......you should add the inf files like that but to an already running system the newer ones are still considered an update.....

mrgreenjeans said:

.......just wondering how many times you ran it to see a 4k loss.....

Thumper said:
.......you should add the inf files like that but to an already running system the newer ones are still considered an update.....

http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/install.htm

Intel generally recommends that you do not update to the newer version if you are not experiencing issues with the version of the Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility that is currently installed on your system.

http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets/inf/upgrade.htm

.......I know they recommend it but you can install new drivers anytime you want. It's just like bios - every bio readme says don't upgrade unless it fixes an issue for you but most of us still do :) ....

yep ....before i had a chance to try it

still on 1009 and i'm quite happy with it to be honest - i think that is karma for me to leave things alone whilst they are working ok.

Update:
Runs fine. I've noticed something unusual with my driver updates lately and it seems that they dont' function completely and/or cleanly until I've rebooted a second time. This has been real obvious with the graphics drivers. First reboot I get these real sucky scores, but then after a second reboot, I get a real good score and it stays at that level. So, the bios update seems to be functioning great. Of course I'd like to get a 3.2EE and give it real run!:D

Back