• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bigger Rez...An Benefits?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzion

I was looking around today and noticed alot of modding / H2O sites are now offering a dual 5 1/4" Rez. Are there any benefits to running a larger rez? I know that some have tried extremely large rez, but what is the benefit of these dual bay rez in your case? TIA!

IMO it is more for looks than anything else.

I doubt it will add any noticeable improvement over a single bay res.

Having a larger res isnt really a benifit unless it is so big that it wont depend so much on a rad/bong to keep it near ambient temps.

well my understanding is that there will be more heat capacity ,but eventually the water temp will normalize. So its just like if you had less water but it will take longer for it to reach a level temperature.

gotcha, I thought it was just one of those "look at what I got' things.

I would think a double height bay rez would be better than a single height one because there's less of a chance of air getting sucked into the tubing with a double. This assumes the outlet is near the bottom of the rez (or actually on the bottom instead of the back end).

aaa this reminds me of that heated debate about large res... (I think that thread should be a sticky... it would complement the flowrate sticky pretty well...) It doesnt have any performance advantage. I can think of looks, and easier to fill/bleed

A reservior only makes the process of filling/bleeding easier. But it adds more resistance which lower the flow rate and the cost of having to buy one. Think of it as a big capacitor that stores heat. It delays the amount of time before the water reaches a certain temp depending on how big your reservior is. To have a fill/bleed system is as easy as hooking up another tube and having it as the highest point of your system to fill/bleed.

Have fun dude.

i've tried small(6oz) and big(2qt) and noticed almost no difference.
except when ur fan dies or is unplugged.. you system will live a few mins. longer with a bigger res..

The single bayres is notorious for air finding it's way back to the the pump's inlet tube. The double bayres eliminates that completely, the dual is actually a "Working" bayres.

Last edited:
Back