• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenweil

Question about abits. I hate my gigabyte so I want to know on the abit bios can i up my fsb but lower my memory frequency manually, or is it like my gigabyte and they move together?

On Abit mobos, the FSB and memory ratio can be changed independently. The memory speed still changes with FSB, but the ratio will allow you to use 1:1 (both exactly the same) or you can run the RAM slower than the FSB with a ratio like 5:4 or 3:2. For example, if you are at 250 FSB and your PC3200 RAM can't handle that speed at 1:1, then set it to 5:4 and now you're running the RAM at DDR400.

I thought about that question and decided it was stupid. I know that no matter what the memory speed goes up with the upping of fsb but it all depends on the dividers. However gigabyte mobo's suck bad upping voltage is a pain. Cant raise dimm voltage other than say .1 .2 .3 overvoltage.

batboy said:
Abit IC7 vmem setting allows 2.5v to 2.8v (the Max3 goes higher).

true, but most don't work above 2.8vdimm.
sorry, but 2.9-3.2vdimm no worky on most of the max3's...:(

mica

I had a Gigabyte 875P board that I got replaced after a capacitator burned.
My new replacement Abit IC-7 is way better.

The Gigabyte bios was not near as good as the Abit. Just overclocking the Abit is much easier . If the board fails posting you dont have to clear CMOS. It was just a pain with Gigabyte,. You even had to pick out the battery every time.

Also Abit continues to better the bios (not Gigabyte). The lastest bios are much better and Im able to overclock higher from 3.1 to 3.2 On the Gigabyte 3.1 Ghz was max but I had to have a lower FSB ratio. The Abit handles the memory great.

Also the fan control works so my computer is far more quite.

Back