• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do you write your codes on your disks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BowerR64

I tend to do this with everything because i normaly dont keep the case or the sleve that has the code. If i lose the code i lose the disk then there is no need for the code. I find this is the best way for me to keep the 2 together. Even my windows, i have 3 of the hologram disks 98plus,me, and xp and i even write the codes on those. I dont even know where the sleve is for the XP disk even if i wanted to install it now...lol but its on the disk so im safe...lol

I've come close many times, but never had a sharpie in the area :D I'm constantly loosing my keys, and the disk without one is useless!

JigPu

Thats why i wrte mine on my disk i got sick of hunting for the key. you use it once then put it away till the next time you format or what ever by then its long gone.

I'm real hard on CD's so I back up the games that I play the most and just use those disks. I leave the disks lay in piles a lot so it's not uncommon for them to get scratches, or for me to roll my chair wheels over them.

With some games, you can find the text file on the disk that asks you for the CD Key - so sometimes I just edit that text file so it says "Enter this key: XYZ-XYZ-XYZ". I did this with RTCW.

I also have a text file on my HDD that keeps all my cd keys. :)

Back