• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkSide8416

My New Setup (pics now)

Just installed my watercooling system today
-Dtek Whitewater
-Dangerden Maze4GPU
-Danner Mag 3
-Dtek Pro Core with dual Dtek Shrouds
-2 Evercool aluminum 120's 7 volted
-AS3, still waiting on the AS5 I ordered
-Distilled water and Purple Ice at about a 93/7 ratio

everything.JPG

WW close.JPG

With my volcano 9 heatsink and a noname 20ish CFM fan i was getting 46 idle/58 load (ambient is 24) at 200x10.5=2100. With the new setup I got 34/40. I have since boosted it to 210x11 and its temp is 37/42. Havent toyed with the video card overclocking yet, will do that once I am satisfied with my CPU overclock. My goal is 2400, and hoping i can reach 2500 with stability. I will have pics later tonight if I can get my friends digital camera from him but I am at work at the moment.

Only thing thats bugging me is theres a little bit of bubblage that wont get to my T-line, thus making my pump make that annoying sound but not very loud. Also have to find a way to tame the tiny bit if vibration noise it creates. Probably going to visit the hardware store this weekend to get rubber grommits and stuff to bolt it down.

Also, my Dtek Visible Blue UV dye isnt being visibly blue. I think it might be because I used Purple Ice. My SVC order still hasnt arrived after 2 weeks so I can't test it for UV reaction since the UV lights are on that order. Just got notification from them today that they shipped it. its too bad they use USPS, their tracking system is the worst, my last experience they didnt know my package exsisted until the package was in my hands.

Last edited:
As for the pump noise I had the same problem... There was that low hum and a very little vibration caused by the impeller (which can be fixed with Impeller Mod). There was also that high pitched squeak squeak noise that sounded like it had bubbles captured inside... What i did to fix that was..

I turned the pump off then I rotated the pump upside down until the bubble(it was quiet big) came out and was floating in the tube, then i quickly turned the pump on and off until the bubble reached the T-line and then just bled the bubble using the T-Line... Once the bubble comes out make sure that you don't just turn on the pump cuz that will cause the bubble to go back inside and form millions of micro bubbles...

it looks like your going to the heatercore first, which could hurt your flow. You might want to try... cpu - video card - heatercore - pump.

Nice setup. Isolate your pump from the case a little better and you'll be set. :)

Raider84 said:
it looks like your going to the heatercore first, which could hurt your flow. You might want to try... cpu - video card - heatercore - pump.

It doesn't matter. The flow will be the same for any order.

ILikeMy240sx said:
There was that low hum and a very little vibration caused by the impeller (which can be fixed with Impeller Mod).

The impeller mod doesn't work well on Danner pumps.

the sock under the pump has made the pump silent heh :) although i should find a more permanent solution eh

I should be getting the AS5 on tuesday so cant wait to see what kind of results i get with that. I think i could use a reseating anyways.

Hey man,
nice setup.
How do you like that Aluminum fans? it's a Evercool isn't it?
I was planning getting it, how do you like it?

Thanks,
Suma.

well they first sounded like a mini air tunnel going through my computer so I 7-volted them and now I can't hear them at all above my 3 80mm's (2x32cfm 1x18cfm) and my hard drives

Suma: I've got 2 120MM Evercool fans in my system and I love them. Very quiet and push alot of air. I would recommend them to anyone without hesitation

Back