• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fuzion

I need to order some new tubing for my WC setup. I've searched and read the forums and I'm just as confused as I was before, Should I go with Tygon or ClearFlex60? I have a D-Tek kit so I'm guessing I'll need 3/8" OD, 1/2" ID for it to work. I looked at McMaster.com, but they have so many different types to choose from. What is the most common type? I know this strait noob, but I want to get the right thing the first time.

BTW: I've got to get new tubing due to stained tubes. I had some film in them from testing the system and I can't get it out. I've tried soaking and washing, but nothing works. So...I'm just gonna replace the tubing and start over w/ prob distilled water and Purple Ice or Zerex with some blue UV dye. This d**n SuperCool additive isn't that great.

Edit: I've found this:
Tube 1

and this:
Tube 2

1. Go to mcmaster.com
2. Search "chemical tubing"
3. You should get this as a result: "Tygon Chemical/Laboratory PVC Tubing"
4. It should be page 85
5. Two types, Pvc chemical (clearflex 60) & tygon R-3603, choose 1/8" walled.

3/8" clearflex is .49 a foot and tygon is 2.59

I'd go for the clearflex ;)

Back