• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Instant music problem (we'll try this again)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

banditt

Ok, I have this new board, asus P4P800, and I can't for the life of me get this Instant music working on it. I've updated my bios, tried 3 diffrent keyboards, 3 diffrent CD rom audio cables, made sure it was enabled in the Bios, and on the right drive, also tried 2 diffrent drives, tried switching IDE ports, and still I cant get this thing to work. Am I missing something here? Here is my system specs:

P4P800 deluxe board
512 pc32oo OCZ ram
2.4gig processor
Samsung combo DVD/CDrw drive
Hp dvd 300i writer
Windows XP
Bios version 1009

Instant music allows you to play CDs without booting to Windows. IMO it's completely pointless.

banditt, I haven't read much about instant music. Do you know if others have gotten it to work? Is it too much trouble to boot to Windows to listen to music? That's a pretty expensive CD player you have there otherwise...

Ya, I no its pointless, but its such a nice feature. When and if I do get it to work, I doubt I'll use it much, or at all. I just spent alot of $ on this board, and I want everything to work.

thanks for the reply

Bandit

Back