• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

for all you people that say w/c laptop is nuts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I like the

Water-cooled processors, currently the domain of supercomputers, high-end servers, and garage hobbyists, may be about to enter the mainstream.

part. "Garage Hobbyists" eh? :beer:

Sounds cool though.

60c coolant temps don't sound nice at all, but even I as a "water cooling for silence advocate" can't really see the point. Regardless of how much faith they have in their wc system. It's adding even more complication to an already overly complex form factor design.

I have a Centrino laptop, that is more than fast enough for a mobile PC, and unless it's fully loaded, it runs silently, (fan shuts off). To me more emphasis should be put in to lower power consumption CPU's as battery life is by far the biggest laptop issue atm as far as I'm concerened.

def agree with blade runner...

battery life and weight are the two most important issues with a laptop once you throw in water cooling you throw in several pounds and take off hours on the battery.. this thing is gonna flop prob never came through R&D

I agree with BladeRunner as well... I just see so many things going wrong with WCing a laptop... Imagine all the problems we seem to run into and throw that in a tiny laptop space.... More problems are likely occur.

cherryp00t-> They did say something about power consumption of WC system to be very little in that laptop but its probably heavy as hell lik you said

I agree with the Yoda of Silent cooling, but I thought this statement was interesting, most interesting if true that is ;)

Compared to conventional air-cooled notebook PCs, the price and the size of the water-cooled notebook PC will remain about the same. Power consumption will also be approximately equal, Uchiyama says. However, the water cooling system should have a life cycle that is 1.7 times longer than an air-cooled system, she says.

Back