• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

change from chinese BACK to english???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xpwj

Registered
I need some help here, had to reinstall my window due to many software/registry problem.....the only window cd i could get hold of was a chinese xp pro........but i want to change the interface to english since my bro can only read english........is there anyway i can do this?? I tried to do it through regional/language setting in Control panel but doesn't seem to work....i serached through Microsoft website and found some stuff about mui but didn't help much ><....is there anything i can do???

2 ways to do this

1- buy another english winxp (easy way)
2- download /install "english" language and use "regional/language" to change from chinese to english.

it'll be helpful if you have ENGLISH keyboard :)

With your copy of windows xp, you have a chinese copy, and there really won't be a way to fully transfer it over to english, to do that you need a special copy of windows xp, forget the name right now, which costs alot of money, so your best bet would be to go out and buy an english copy of xp

You might be able to go into the Add/Remove programs window, click on Add/Remove Windows programs and add English in there... then like powerme said, use the regional/language to change between the two.
You will probably need the XP Cd to add the language (you may be able to download it from microsoft as well).

Back