• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heatsink and fan???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burnout01

I have the Msi 865PE Neo2 with a 3.0mhz cpu and was wondering what after market HS and fan to get. I have read that some boards have a problem with stuff getting in the way. Any help would be helpful. Thanks.

I have the Zalman CNPS7000-CU on my 875 Neo board. Fits very well and it's one of the best heatsinks. However, the NB-heatsink on the 865 Neo is a bit closer to the cpu socket and that could be a problem, but I'm not sure. You could also go to the MSI forum and ask the people over there. Maybe they know.

I'm using Thermalright SP-94 with 92mm fan.

No problem with the board layout on this HSF.

Burnout01 said:
I have the Msi 865PE Neo2 with a 3.0mhz cpu and was wondering what after market HS and fan to get. I have read that some boards have a problem with stuff getting in the way. Any help would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: Re: heatsink and fan???

Triodeman said:
I'm using Thermalright SP-94 with 92mm fan.

No problem with the board layout on this HSF.

How would you mount a fan on top of that heat pipe???

Re: Re: Re: heatsink and fan???

The heatsink comes with 2 set of clips (for 70mm, 80mm and 92mm fan). Just use the clip to secure the fan on top of the heat sink which is a "flat surface".

The fan was not mounted on top of the heat pipes ;)

Burnout01 said:

How would you mount a fan on top of that heat pipe???

Thanks for the info man. That looks like a good one. I'll have to try it. :)

Back