• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus/ P4C800 Delux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ImportPsycho

i'm thinking bout getting this alone with p4 2.8c
is this good o/c board?
I plan to get big cooler or water cooler, is there enough clearance around the socket for them?

thanks

so far I think mine is good
specs o/c as follows
2.6C @2.924mhz 225fsb=bus speed 900
mem at fsb:dram = 1:1 (225fsb on dram=pc3200@450)
sisoft and 3dmark2001se growing
limiting factor, my FX5600, need a nice new vid card I think

Was very simple so far, 3 days no crashes and waiting 4 more before I tweak it some more
So far as clearance goes?? I am using a Tt Xaser fan set and idle at 29c, one hour of gaming, lucky to hit 41c
So far I think this board is a hit!!

I plan to get big cooler or water cooler, is there enough clearance around the socket for them?

I'm running mine w/ Zalman CNPS 7000A Cu and it fits perfectly. Though with this cooler on, I can use intel stock fan "near" NB. But it doesn' t stick on it but close enough to cool it.

And I think Asus is the best brand in terms of support (new BIOS, utility programs etc.)

One more reason to choose Asus is, The Asus board on O/C forums is one of the most active forums. It means more than you think, I guess :)

The board is awesome. I used to own a Abit IC7-G and could only get it to run at 1:1 ratio with my system. But the P4C800-E is 'AWESOME'. I can run my p4 at 3.42Ghz and my temp is below 40C on full load. You won't be disappointed.

Back