• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3Ghz Barrier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unwrittenLaw

I can't seem to get past 3ghz with my IC7-G and 2.4 P4C...I've tried lots of things....bios settings, better cooling, etc, etc...But whenever I try and go over 3ghz, it locks up during 3d games. Could it just be that my cpu is maxed out or did I get an unlucky mobo? Any suggestions..?

Thanks

need more info, maybe the ram cant handle the oc but whats the ratio, temps,,,, gonna need more info to say y.. i have the same m/b for a friend, same chip..

The temps are good, cpu temp never goes over 47-48C and case temps are under 30C. I'm on 5/4 ratio right now and it seems to work well, but as soon as up the fsb a notch, it becomes unstable.
The ram is on normal timings, nothing aggressive, and I also tried 2.5cas, but it didn't help. For the GAT, I can't boot w/ Street racer or F1 settings..not sure why, so I leave it on turbo...not sure what the other settings should be though..

1) Make sure the PCI/AGP is set to "fix".

2) Try the following GAT settings: auto, auto, auto, disable, disable. Always disable the last two settings.

Thats right, there isn't an option to chose auto on the second one. Sorry to comment this :p

Back