• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Gutz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

Project Gutz NOT 56K friendly sorry

Hello all i have been on these forums for a little while now, and all of the input you all have and from the jounals around here has inspired me to be a modder and this is my WC project in the mitz.. Some of the pics on here you will see that my entire inside of my case has been painted, i would have jounaled that but didn't have a camera at the time.. but you will see the final result from that too..

Here it goes. hope these show up

a shot of the front bezel i've painted to match, turned a lil darker but still looks better than beige.
frontbezel.jpg

the back panel
backpanel.jpg

close up of my mag 2
mag2.jpg

the bottle for my resivor i'll use
res.jpg

i'll be updating as much as possible but i only have the camera for a limited time. it's a loner.

Let me know what you all think.

Last edited:
a closeup of my volcano7+ that will be replaced by a swifty 5002
HSF.jpg

here you can see while i had it apart painting i took the time to cut out holes from the mobo tray.
leftside.jpg

lol, an old 586 HS replaces the stock for my GF4 here with stock fan, works nicly actually!
G4HSF.jpg

another side view
side2.jpg

where my heater core will be going, i will post pics on it later as i'm geting it today.
frontinside.jpg

back panel of psu
backpsu.jpg

another close up of my cdr bezel

bezel.jpg

Last edited:
And you aren't going to go pump - res - other stuff - pump right? That will really kill your flow if you do. The pump will just be forcing the water into an open space instead of through the loop.

Very Nice..!!

the case looks sweet. i like the tone of red you chose as well. red isn't my first choice in color for pc stuff, and even i like yours. i have an aluminum chieftec case that is identical to yours, it's silver, and mine looks like crap inside, after looking at your paint job.

nice work...keep us updated..;) :)

And you aren't going to go pump - res - other stuff - pump right? That will really kill your flow if you do. The pump will just be forcing the water into an open space instead of through the loop.

well i'm not quite sure what way your saying there but just to make my setup clear, the bottle (res, not pop bottle, it's square) is on the intake side of my pump you see which i have now gotten 3/4 inch fittings for to go from my pump to res to have more inlet flow available, and if i can find the right fitting i will go ahead and make it 3/4 out because on my heatercore which i'll post some pictures of it has a 3/4 inlet and 5/8 out, so i'll just use a 5/8 to 1/2 adapter to go to my block out of the heater core. but the flow will go from: pump, HC, water blocks, res

sorry no pics for tonight , as my camera batteries went dead, i'll post some of my progress tommorow though, right now i'm fitting my pump's intake with 3/4 fitting for more flow and installing the oulet fitting into my resivor , i have plent of the 1/2 vynl tubing i'll be using for OUT of the HC, but for testing purposes i'm using 3/4 heater hose on the 3/4 inch stuff until i get it all ready then i'll get some 3/4 vynl hose.

and i also used this kit i got where i work (autozone) to mount the fan onto the heatercore, it's pretty neat you will see tommorow but it only cost like 5 bucks (-20% for me ;) ) ,
it actually is a kit for mounting a oil cooler to your rad for you car.

your res is ghetto... get a nice bottle or somethin.

all i have to say is just wait, if i'm modding everything else do you not thing the res is to be modded too?

anyway for you people who are enjoying this here are some pics i got b4 batteries went dead

my heatercore
heatercore.jpg

my fan and the 3/4 fittings i'm using (one of them)
fan.jpg

that's all till tommorow.

Okay here are some more pics of my process, as of now i have changed the inlet on the pump to 3/4" and so the outlet of the res is now 3/4" too, AND the outlet of the pump is 3/4" and i'm using that size tubing to go directly to the 3/4" fitting on the HC.

So it will be 3/4" from the res all the way to the HC and out of the HC's 5/8 fitting i have it downed to 1/2 to go to my future swifty block and back to the res as 1/2, the drop in pressure and then the raise of it right out of the HC should make for some pretty effecient cooling i'm hoping,
Okay here's more pics.

My res with new fittings.
resfittings.jpg

the big 3/4" tubing i'm using
bighose.jpg

all for now
the res and pump now hooked up gett'n ready to leak test.
pumpandres.jpg

the heatercore with the hoses, and fittings attached
heatercorefittings.jpg

and the bleading while leak testing.
bleeding.jpg

oaky here are some more pics

all up and leak testing (minus water block, probably be a little bit before i can get that because of the holidays and having a kid(another on way) wife kinda brings the funds down) but not to dispar, that just leaves me more time to tweak it to the max

allup.jpg

hehe, my xtra 2 gallons of coolant
extracoolant.jpg

my heater core with some 80's on it just testing
heatercorefans.jpg

even with it running like it is right now the coolant is COLD to the touch i mean like almost refrigerater water cold (not enough for condesation though)

I think the low pressure high volume going into the HC helps out alot..

So what you all think so far?

Back