• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermometers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apd

Registered
This is driving me nuts. I finally got my swifty barbs to stop leaking and powered the system up. I got cpu temp at 38 idle. The room temp was 28 (Louisiana). My 9700 pro gave up on me before I could get some load temps. :-(

While that is being RMA'ed I decided to do the simple task of trying to buy a thermometer to get the water temp. I have a diy jar (RoboTech's guide). I cannot find a store that still has the bulb type thermometer that I can stick in through the lid. They all have the digital ones with the probe thingy. Any ideas where I can buy an simple old fashioned lab thermometer ?

apd.

dude that hurts.

The fan on the card stopped. I do not overclock anything. Even the drivers on the card are the same as the ones that came with the retail box 4 months ago.

WC is for quiet operation only. By the way, I did not WC the card only the CPU. I am not flaming you I agree totally with that article you pointed to.

Apd

Try a cooking thermometer, like the ones used for meat. They've got a long probe, and an easy to read dial. You can find them at almost every grocery store.

Back