• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Transfreing all documents and settings winxp Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rxtrom

Just before I reformated I saved as much as i could from c:/documents and settings to my other partition.
I was wondering the best way, if there is a way to transfer it back over and get all my settings back. Like the star menu and desktop and stuff.
All my programs are installed in my other partition. I have 10gig on one partition just saved for Win XP.
Also if if it is even possible to keep the documents and settings folder on my D: partition permanetly and have windows use it.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance!:D

Will this permanently keep all docs and everything on the second partition or do I allways have to back it up when Format and reinstall my primary partition? Thanks

ok well i have another problem, I selected the location that i backed up my files to (i did not use the transfer wizard to back them up) and it said that "there is no stored info here" is it looking for only the files that would have been stored here if i used the transfer wizard.
It seems like i am just going to have to manually put things back and use the transfer wizard next time.
OR am i wrong?

Back