• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eheim 1250: Very Impressive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spacepiston

I finally decided to spend the extra $$ and get one of the legendary Eheim pumps. After 1 day I can tell you its worth the extra money! This pump is super quiet, and has almost no vibration! From 1 foot away I cant even tell its on! What a difference from the "Silent-One" that I just bought and hated.

I had a little scare within the first 3 hours though. I have my pump mounted on the back-side wall, directly over where the 2 case fans (antec style) would normally be. This location is required due to space contraints. Anyway, some trapped air made its way to the pump and caused the pump to stop circulating. When I walked back in the room the pump was not on but it was plugged in! It was warm to the touch and seemingly dead. Well I waited a few minutes and plugged it back in and all is well. I dont know if it has a safety cut-out in it but im happy to see no harm has come of it.

Compared to the Silent-One and the Maxi-jet the Eheim is in a league all its own. I would highly recommend this pump to everyone. As a matter of fact I cant believe I wasnt smart enough to buy it in the first place!

Yuriman said:
Hows the flow rate?

The flow rate is good. I dont think it moves water quite as fast as the Quiet One pump did, but my temps remain within 1C of what the Quiet One was doing.

I will post a picture of just how I have it rigged up as soon as I get a chance.

I had not heard of big sound differences between Eheim and other brands before. Good to hear of your experience with it though- I've used only Eheim myself.

I raised my eyebrows on the pump stalling story though. I've had my 1250 push plenty of air during the fill and bleed process (out of necessity btw). It never stalled, it's only a bit more noisy. Are you sure the pump is OK and delivering the proper output?

FIZZ3 said:

I raised my eyebrows on the pump stalling story though. I've had my 1250 push plenty of air during the fill and bleed process (out of necessity btw). It never stalled, it's only a bit more noisy. Are you sure the pump is OK and delivering the proper output?

Perhaps my setup is partially to blame. I have the pump in a very ackward position. I did have quite a bit of air in the system at that point. It was very late and I didnt pay close attention to the trapped air in my rad.

Because SBC Yahoo! wont let me link photos click here to see:

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sp...t/vwp?.dir=/My+Photos&.dnm=My+CPU.jpg&.view=t

the way your pump is it looks like there could be an air bubble around the impeller, i have mine roteded 270 ^o and it works fine, but i use a rad the feeds down in to the pump, and i can get most of the air out of my system with out turning it on :D i love big rads :D

Back