• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommendation for motherboard/ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cj999

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to get some quick advice. I am about to RMA my Asus P4P800 DLX and Mushkin PC3500 BL2 to newegg due to stability problems and I was planning on getting an Abit board. Right now I'm thinking that the IC7-G will be the best replacement......is the main difference between this board and the MAX 3 the RAID? I have a WD 36.7 SATA Raptor that i plan to use but i only have one and really don't plan on getting another.

Also, what is the best choice for RAM for this board? I have a 2.6C and will be overclocking, so i really just want something that will work well and has been approved for this board. The Mushkin wasn't for the Asus and I think that may have been some of problems.

Any comments/sugestions welcome.....

The max3 has two raid controllers as the IC7-G. The main difference is that the max3 can have 4 devices on the silicon image controller. The other advantage is the memory voltage. You can go up to 3.2v. You'd need a volt mod to do that with the IC7-G. You should also be aware that people have had mem voltage stablilty above 2.8 on the max3. Don't listen to batboy. Send the ram to me :D

Yea i guess i could send it to you since im only an hour south(Columbia)......anyways im just kinda disappointed in the ram. I get errors in memtest even at stock settings...

cj999 said:
Yea i guess i could send it to you since im only an hour south(Columbia)......anyways im just kinda disappointed in the ram. I get errors in memtest even at stock settings...

Hey neighbor :D I see what you mean. Hard to tell if its the mobo or the ram. Have you tried it in another mobo or tried different ram?

No I haven't......really dont have the resources to.....id have to RMA and then find out......may just be a RAM compatability issue....maybe some OCZ?

Back