• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this pump Good? PLEASE READ!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

Ok so i want the best pump money can buy, is this it? Looks super powerful.

the link doesnt work so ill specify it.

it is a mag-drive 24
with

Flow Rate: 2400 GPH
Watts: 265
Pump Size (L x W x H): 7.25 x 4 x 5.25
Outlet Size / Inlet Size: 1" MPT / 1" FPT

here is a link, click next to the 24.

http://www.marinedepot.com/a_ph_danner.asp?CartId=

is it good? Im mainly worried about how much heat it will dump into the system. How is it?

Last edited:
What about an eheim 1250 or 1260? Im being serious, i saw the pump above with its awesome flow and was wondering if the flow was worth the wattage in heat.

Id say the 1260 at 65 watts on the high side for output wattage. The 1250 with 28 watts definetly where u wana be, it will provide suffcient flow and not dumb to much heat. That insane 2400 gph pump is most definetly overkill.

WAYYYYYYYY overkill. 265 watts is a TON of extra heat and you're not going to come close to realizing 2400gph.

An Iwaki MD-30RLZT will give you the same shutoff head without dumping 265 watts into your system. And even that's somewhat overkill. The Iwaki pumps are also very efficient. I belive the 30 is around 45 watts

The biggest pump I've ever seen recomended is the MD-20RLZT.
purchase link

MD_WMD_CURVES.jpg

P.S. Come on guys, an ehien 1250/60 isn't even in the same leauge of he's looking for

Last edited:
I do not beleive the 1250 has metal barbs, but metal hoseclamps shoulnt hurt the barbs. They might pinch the tubing though so be careful. I personally dont use hoseclamps, the brass barbs provide enuff grab to keep the hose on.

get an eheim
i love mine
and hte person i sold it to should also :)

if you really want to spend that much $, can an iwaki

the eheim barbs aren't metal btw

ok, well my friend showed me a mag 3 which is way better, so ill get that, it is cheaper and more powerful. Thanks you guys.

Ah yes, the mag3, another excelent pump. Good flow/head decent wattage. Dont overtighten the inlet barb though. They are known to crack, so if i were u id put a hoseclamp around the inlet so it doesnt crack.

Back