• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What brand are ASUS Power MOSFET's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cemal Gurel

Hi,
I want to learn, what brand do Asus widely uses on their motherboards, that I see like 32N03L, 46N03L and 80N03L? There is a little 'opposite way standing' big D sign on the Chip. Inside the D there is an I sign and at the down side of D, there is a little C sign.

This brand of MOSFET's are used on Asus P3C-E, P3C2000, P3V 4X, K7V, ... and many other Asus boards.

It seems like they are N-Channel 30Volt MOSFET's, but I want to be sure are they 32Amp, 46Amp and 80Amp! They might be lower than those values like CET Mosfets, or higher like Hitachi Mosfets.

Do anyone help me? Which brand are those? I want to check them at their manufacturers site.

Thank You... :rolleyes:

Have a look at Mouser.com or do a search at FindChips.com.

I ended up at ST Microelectronics.

PDF Files:
32N03L = N-CHANNEL 30V - 0.015 W - 36A D 2 PAK LOW GATE CHARGE STripFET™II POWER MOSFET

"SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED AND OPTIMISED FOR HIGH EFFICIENCY CPU CORE DC/DC CONVERTERS"

46N03L = N-CHANNEL 30V - 0.0075 W - 70A D²PAK/I²PAK/TO-220 LOW GATE CHARGE STripFET™ II POWER MOSFET

"SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED AND OPTIMISED FOR HIGH EFFICIENCY CPU CORE DC/DC CONVERTERS"

80N03L = N - CHANNEL ENHANCEMENT MODE " SINGLE FEATURE SIZEÔ " POWER MOSFET 30V 80A

APPLICATIONS
HIGH CURRENT, HIGH SPEED SWITCHING
SOLENOID AND RELAY DRIVERS
MOTOR CONTROL, AUDIO AMPLIFIERS
DC-DC & DC-AC CONVERTERS
nAUTOMOTIVE ENVIRONMENT (INJECTION,
ABS, AIR-BAG, LAMPDRIVERS, Etc. )

Sorry bout the caps (Copy/Paste).

ThanX KILLorBE,

But the brand name is important for me. I know ST, NEC, HITACHI, Fairchild (Siemens), CET... and many others. The real Ampere, Volt, Channel Use and Temp varies from brand to brand.

Ritalin,
The Mosfets are the black 3 leg Transistors lying under your motherboard about ~10 piece total that about %80~90's middle legs are cut.

The surface mount Mosfets are in TO-263 type on my motherboard. I have 32N03L for 5 Volt DC to DC conversion and 46N03L for CPU VCore DC to DC conversion. I am using my motherboard with extreme overclocking. Cel 1300 with 133.9fsb with 1.6Volts. It consumes enormous power about 53~54Watts. This is equal to a Pentium 4 at 2000 Mhz. To provide stability I have found those 2 mosfets incapable because of generating a little bit more heat. If there is heat on Mosfets, they start to decrease the Ampere thus protects other parts from burning, (prevents anormous Ampere pass true.)

What I have done is removing 80N03L Mosfets from the Asus K7V Slot A, AMD motherboard. I have put 46N03L for 32N03L and 80N03L for 46N03L. Those provided me to increase my motherboard temperature about 2'C Degree. (42'C to 40'C now)

As I have said, if a lot of Ampere passes over them, they start to generate more heat. The original values 80, 46 and 32 are at 25'C degree based. If they works at 40'C 80 drops to 70 Ampere, 46 drops to 40 and 32 drops to 28 Ampere according to their original design. If heat continues to increase, Mosfets acts like a Diot and prevents motherboard burn by cutting extreme power pass upto ~150'C degree. At that degree Ampere crossing is totally not allowed.

On Asus K7V 3 piece 80N03L was used paralelly for CPU Vcore and 2 piece 80N03L was used for 5Volt DC to DC converson. AMD boards consumes much more heat and Watts compared with Intel boards. Typically, 68Ampere for a 1Ghz AMD CPU at 1.8Volts, but allows for overclocking upto 80~90 Ampere.

My P3 board P3C-E is not specially designed for 58Watts use and therefore I modified it. I also replaced some amount of Capacitors. The CPU Vcore Caps group were about 9500uF but now they are about 11000uF. (On AMD K7V motherboard, that group was 12000uF.) The 5Volt group Caps were about 6000uF originally and now they are about 8000uF. (On AMD, they were about 10000uF.)

The result is VERY GOOD now. I am still testing about a week. I only power off the system 2 times for 5~10 minutes and there is still completely NO PROBLEM. I have good electronics knowledge and have Computer programming experience at University for about 2 years at programming dept. I am now a graduate from Radio&TV&Film dept. (I give up programming dept for passing to a 4 year programme.) All the Caps parts I have used are original Low ESR Rubycon YXG serie.

Please, Do not try those mods with even 105'C degree Standard Caps. I know their Ripple Currents and Ripple Volts are not sufficient including the mOhm values. The parts replacement is a real hell. The Capacitor pairs must be checked fine and the leg holes must be totally empty on motherboard. Mosfets are easy to solder, but the surface on the motherboard must be totally flat, without solder hills.

I have made those mods for training and testing purposes. They are not an Upgrade. I totally changed my motherboard specs and characteristics. Unless you are an Computer engineer or a good technician, do not think for those. In general, do not overclock over your motherboard capacity or simply go and buy a newby motherboard, CPU etc.

Back