• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 120mm fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Hey guys,
I'm getting my rig togther:
DDen RBX
DDen Maze4 GPU
L30 clone
custom 3.5" bayres
Chevette HC (I'll probably make shourds for it..)

Now I'm looking for silence, I mean Silence like really, I can't bare noise. Also I want it to preform well, so I'll be using 2x120mm fans. The only question is which are the best in Quiet Operation/Preformance

Thanks,
Suma.

I do have 1 of these,
when it's totally quiet the airflow is not really good.
anyway I thought that I can find a better 120x120x38
I heard the Panaflo are quiet aren't they?

Suma.

That sounds like a great system man. I wouldn't mind getting myself one of that. Good luck dude!

About the fan, Panaflow, Vantec and Papst all make good fans. I think you should get the highest rating cfm fan possible couple with a fan controller like a Vantec Nexus NXP-201 Rheobus. That way, you can control the noise/performance ratio as you wish.

Here are some silence fan:
Panaflo M1A Fan (BX): 86.5 CFM @ 35 db URL=http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/fan-18.html]
Vantec 120mm Stealth Fan: 53 CFM @ 28 db http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/fan-38.html

I'll post more when I find them. Keep us posted man.

Thanks Sneakytermite.
I'll build my own Rheobus soon I don't want to waste any $ on a Rheobus :p

anyway Thanks :D]
Suma.

These Evercool fans look nice!
80CFM with 30dBA
EVERCOOL_fan.jpg

http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Misc_Hardware/fans.asp

The vantec is only 53cfms.. :rolleyes:
anyway and it's 1db more then the Evercool :D

So I think I prefer the Evercool :)

Suma.

Great to hear, I'm going for the evercools.
Do you know where I can get them cheap?

Edit: Well I'm already ordering from DDen and their price looks good, so I'll get it from there! Thanks alot guys.

Suma

beware that the evercool fans are NOT the rated specs. there is no way they are 80CFM @ 30dBa, just an impossibility with those specs for a 25mm thick fan. The Panaflo L1A is 69CFM @ 30dBa and it is 38mm thick. Just doesn't add up. I believe the evercools are closer to 40dBa.

They aren't silent by any means - but the noise is *far* less disruptive as it is to be a deeper "beating" noise instead of a high pitched whirring or whining. These fans don't bother me at all - and I hate loud fans.

And I have seen them specified at 85 cfm, and at 80 cfm, at different stores - although the actual range is probably in the mid 70s.

Really great fans though - they look cool and perform for the noise they put out.

felinusz is right: even if the evercools are under-rated in dBA they are pretty "noiseless" (no whine) even at 12v. At 7v they are even better. I have 2 in a push/pull config. The enermax 120mm adjustable is more noticeable (slight whine) at 12 v., but not obnoxious...turn it down and you won't hear it.

Jibjo said:
felinusz is right: even if the evercools are under-rated in dBA they are pretty "noiseless" (no whine) even at 12v. At 7v they are even better. I have 2 in a push/pull config. The enermax 120mm adjustable is more noticeable (slight whine) at 12 v., but not obnoxious...turn it down and you won't hear it.

So are u recommending the Evercools? I couldn't figure it out.
anyway I'm going to run my sys with a rehobus.

Suma.

Suma said:

So are u recommending the Evercools? I couldn't figure it out.
anyway I'm going to run my sys with a rehobus.

Suma.
You are better off with 38mm thick fans... I have 4 Panaflo M1A's (86 CFM, 35 dBa) on my heater cores all on a rheostat. I would recommend the M1A's - at 7V they are dead silent. I got 5 of them on ebay for $30 shipped. Funny enough, this is the guy on ebay i got mine from: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3441360675&category=3673

Back