• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling a video card..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cjwinnit

B&
.. The wrong way. The adage is true: Watercooling and alcohol don't mix :D

AAAA0065.JPG

nosilverman said:
I have heard that you can get away with washing a card as long as you let it dry a looooong time. I would never try it though.

True, but still not a good thing to do unless it will save it.. so um... was it dead?

Sneakytermite said:
Neither can I Ven0m. Explain to us what happened Cjwinnit.

It was a dud video card that Red hot machine had at the UK meet ages ago. One of the forum members just got back online and the picture surfaced. I thought I would share it with you. I'll pester DanFraser to get his site back up :)

There's the pic (resized it so it'll fit better).
A_{3CA67542-5FE7-41DD-B6A4-3CFB39A093AA}_normal.jpg

For the full size pic click Here

Next time, find a better placr to upload. (if it's small enough, 50k or less you can use The Forum is Down)

I can also host some pics for you.
If you want me to email me to:

[email protected]

Suma.

Last edited:
Ive dont that. I dumped isophoral(spellcheck plz) all over mine, then went to the sink, then washed, then more alcohol. I put the alcohol on afterwards because I have hard water and it leaves deposits. My 8500 still works great.

Bah, you guys are wimps...you never washed any computer parts? If not, then you clearly havent modded them enough to need washing....get back to work! haha j/k

I've actually washed just about everything, a mobo one time, cpu, even a video card, nothing has ever died from having me wash it.

ShaDrag said:
Bah, you guys are wimps...you never washed any computer parts? If not, then you clearly havent modded them enough to need washing....get back to work! haha j/k

I've actually washed just about everything, a mobo one time, cpu, even a video card, nothing has ever died from having me wash it.

In the 21st century we use something called a dust can ;) jkjk

Back