• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a partion program that...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

K_King

Will let me change my partions instead of readoing everything.

For example I have a 200 GB HD split up into 4 sections

C (Main) 75GB
D (Apps) 55 GB
E (Games) 55 GB
F (Swap) 1.29 GB

I think I put way too much for the Main drive, seeing how only Windows is on it, so I wanted to allocate more space to my games and apps. How could I do this?

for resizing//moving i use

partition magic boot disk

and if im dealing with non-ms filesystems lots of times ill use parted...

Partition magic.

it is used through windows but in order to resize some partitions you have to do it while booting before it loads the operations system (so it sorta does it in dos).
You can do what you want as long as the space is there and where it needs to be on the drive (so if its filled up you might be out of luck).

I just change the partitions on my 40Gb which was all 1 partitin which I changed to 1 smaller and 1 section un-allocated so that I could put Linux on the other half.

I only have 3 GB used on the C drive, and I have 70+ left, so I screwed up and put too much on that part, just wanted to put maybe 10 GB or less ont he C and spread the rest around.

Back