• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G install troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ravsitar

Ok. I just got all the stuff together for my new computer and I'm having troubles installing xp. I have a new westendigital 120BG SATA drive that I'm putting in as the only HD in the rig. The problem is that I can't get xp installed properly. I've made it through the install once but when it did it's final reboot it got past the loading xp screen and went blank. The monitor still said it was getting a signal but there was nothign on the screen. Other times I've had the install error out and reboot the comptuer. I've striped it down to mobo, cpu, vid, and ram and I'm running memtest86 on it. I need some advice or install instructions to get this up and running.

Here's what I've got for hardware

IC7-G (with 1.8 bios)
3.0Ghz P4
2x512MB mushkin lvl1 pc3200
ati 9800 pro 128mb
westerndigital 120GB SATA
plextor 40x burner
sony 16x dvd
soundblaster live value
Lian-li pc60
Zalman 7000cpus
antec true 430 ps

thank.

1 problem found. Just got done running memtest96 or each the the 512mb sticks. One of them is bad. 2000 som errors in about a minute. I'll try and reinstall xp now.

Who should I contact about the ram? I got it from new egg but would it be faster/easier to go straight to mushkin?

Back