• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some Outlook 2003 Tweaks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Capt Fiero

Ok I had the reg hack to get Outlook 2002 (Office XP) so that I could minimize the Outlook icon to the taskbar. Some how I am guessing that hte same hack wont work on Office 2003.

Next Tweak I am looking for is a way to turn off that sort by day, week, thing that it opens in all my mail. As far as I am concerned if I want to know how old it is I will look at the date, I dont need it putting a tag between all my mail to tell me how old it is.

If anyone has any good tweaks or tips for Office 2003 please post em.

actually the minimize to tray tweak does work for outlook 2003

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Preferences]
"MinToTray"=dword:00000001

save to a reg file and run it and then it minimizes to tray and you dont even need to restart outlook

Well All Be Damned, I must have made a mistake the first time I tried the tweak on 2003. I did it again and poof it worked.

Thanks for the tip. I usually just go to the screen savers site and look for morgans tweak on it. I am not sure where I messed up last time, but it works now.

Thanks again.

Capt

You can also just right click on the outlook icon in the taskbar and click on "Hide When Minimized". This will do it as well, and does the same registry change (verify by looking before and after changing that setting).

Back