• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

directX diagnostic tools shows files missing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enemy Down!

it says to reinstal direct x, well i did and it still says the files are missing! i went to ms and downloaded version 9.1b and installed it.....

some files it says are missing; direct3d.dll, directdraw.dll, and more.

this is for my toshiba laptop, satellite p25-s477

all you need to do is to follow my easy step by step and your problem will be resolved

1- download and install direct dx from this link, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...db-dcce-43ea-87bb-7c7e1fd1eaa2&displaylang=en

if you did that or still have a problem, go to step 2

2- look for "dxdllreg.exe" in c:\windows\system32. You should see this file there.

all you have to do is DOUBLE click this file

check dx again to make sure there is no missing file. You shouldn't have any problem

step 2 did not do anything.

i will re-install directx 9.1b again, and run step 2 right upon boot up.

i just noticed that the link you provided has a directx version that is 35 megs. i am downloaded that now and hope it works.

wonder why it is 35 megs?..

Enemy Down! said:

wonder why it is 35 megs?..

it is a full OFFLINE version. You can save this one on a CD or another hard drive.

If you need to re-install it for some reasons in the future, you just click on it and install it OFFLINE without connecting to internet

it did not do anything...the same files are supposidly still missing..maybe it is because it is a laptop and the built-in gfx card does not require them?....i dont know:(

Back