• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to change power management settings easily?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anvil82

This is basically for my work, where many users login and to manually change the power management would be a nightmare.

Basically windows defaults to shut off monitor after 15 minutes, and standby after 20 minutes or something.

I don't want them to go into standby.

I want to have it set to turn off monitor, and turn off hard disk both after 15 minutes.

I want to have the same power management for all users.

Is there a way to do this? I tried registry settings with no luck.

This is for windows xp.

if you are an administrator, go to "power options properties" from "display property" on "screen saver " tab and change whatever you want

That's fine, but that only affects one user.

When the next person signs on it goes back to the default, with standby after 15 minutes.

are you a computer administrator in your company ???

if not, forget about changing.

Yes. I checked group policy with no luck.

I was hoping to find a way to do it in a login script or something.

what i mean "computer administrator" is you are one of a few who are in charge of many computers in your company IT department. ??????

from what you told me, all your company computers are set up this way so that it will prevent users from changing setting/configuration in computers.

there is nothing you can do about it. Honestly

powerme said:
what i mean "computer administrator" is you are one of a few who are in charge of many computers in your company IT department. ??????

from what you told me, all your company computers are set up this way so that it will prevent users from changing setting/configuration in computers.

there is nothing you can do about it. Honestly

I am the only person in charge of ALL of the computers.

I work at an elementary school, with 100+ computers.

I do it ALL.

I have complete control over anything and everything.

There has to be a way.

Back