• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

epoxy and your mother board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathmasher

Ok well my nforce 2 board does not have holes to mount a water block. But there is space were the holes should be so I though that I could use epoxy or JB weld type of glue to hold 4 screws with flat heads in place to secure my water block. If you all could let me know what your thoughts are that would be great. I really want one of the RBX blocks that is why I am considering this drastic move.

Whoa, the risk might outweigh your benefits there, but then again why would you want to do that when Danger Den offers a socket hold-down plate for the RBX to accomodate motherboards without mounting holes.

That could work if you could machine a custom rigid metal plate that offers a large surface area for which to bond to the mobo, then the bolts can attach to that plate. Bonding the boltheads straight to the mobo ain't gonna work, you'll just end up delaminating the PCB...

Shin hit the nail on the head. By epoxing to the board only, you will just pull the lamination off the PCB when you put any pressure against it. Just buy the socket mount for it - it wont look as good, but I promise - you'll save yourself a headache.

Timmybighands said:
By epoxing to the board only, you will just pull the lamination off the PCB when you put any pressure against it.

hehehhe, i did that.. its not fun, but it was funny.

Back