• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game Accelerator in IC7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Optic

Registered
My system is a 2.6C on a IC7 mobo with 2xKingston HyperX PC3500 CL2 ram. THe CPU is cooled by a 7000a-CU.

The ram is running in dual mode, however i cannot enable game accelerator even at "turbo" mode even while upping the ram voltage to 2.7v. The timing i used is 2-3-3-7(at spec). THe processor is running at 3.2ghz at the moment (the memory is running at about 195mhz only).

Any idea?

I got the same situation. my setting is 240.1.6v(cpu).667.2-3-3-7.2.7v(mem). i also not able 2 change 2 turbo. it canbe boot,however i won't dispaly "verifying DMI data....." then it pause in the screen. my memoy is kingston pc3200 2 x256. p42.8c @ 3.36 . even i set the last 2 opiton (GAT) to auto it still like that
any people can help us ~

I don't believe you'll be able to overclock with those settings. Try the GAT with your box at default, then try to increase slowly........

GAT sets your RAM aggressively, I don't think you'll o/c with it on ;) Just my experience so far ;)

Try to disable the last two settings in GAT.

auto-normal-auto-disabled-disabled etc

It's proven to increase your stability alot if you disable the last two ones.

yep.....and update to the august 15 bios......that also increases stability when 1:1 and over 255fsb.......

Optic said:
My system is a 2.6C on a IC7 mobo with 2xKingston HyperX PC3500 CL2 ram. THe CPU is cooled by a 7000a-CU.

The ram is running in dual mode, however i cannot enable game accelerator even at "turbo" mode even while upping the ram voltage to 2.7v. The timing i used is 2-3-3-7(at spec). THe processor is running at 3.2ghz at the moment (the memory is running at about 195mhz only).

Any idea?

Dont use GAT, GAT suxs use PAT. AND besides it was made for the 865 to act like PAT.

GAT and PAT are exactly the same thing. Different motherboards use different names. On IC7-Max3, it's called Game Accelerator.

I really suggest you do some experimenting. I found turbo to be slower than the other settings. Yet it is the hardest to get to run. It changes one of the CAS latencies from 2 to 3. I haven't tried it in quite a while though. So maybe newer bioses are different. I just suggest benching it or if you can't get it to work then don't even worry about it. I wouldn't run with it.

Guys having the same prob here, IC7 with 2.4C @ 3.06 , Kingston Hyper X 3200 but no Game accel. Whatever i change whatever volt i give the mem, whatever latencies i put i cant change the game accel from auto to anything. Maybe its the IC7 that doesnt cope well with Kingston HyperX modules. Larva once said that these mems use a chip (bh5 i think) that 875 mobos dont like. So maybe its the mems we use. Anyway, one more question. Is it possible to activate game accel with only 1 mem chip? or it only works in dual mem mode?

what ratio are you using?

i can run my ram at 240 fsb 1:1 with f1 enabled
if i set my ram to 5:4 i cant even run turbo at 222 fsb

and the chip that the 875p was having problems getting along with was the ch5 chips not the bh5

try turning your oc down and running your ram at 1:1 and see if you can boot in with it on turbo make sure last 2 settings are disabled though the command per clock and read delay make for some impossible boots.

PAT has been enabled on my setup. Someone told me that the cycle time (Tras) has to be 5 or lower for me to run with any GAT/PAT. Currently, my timings are 2-3-2-5. gat = t/a/5/d/d.

Cpu-z and sandra shows that PAT is enabled, where before it was not. Also even if i turn off gat (all auto), PAT is still enabled. So I guess once it kicks in, it doesnt change?

Back