• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator Mounting Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

Hello, I have had my water rig for some time now, and this whole time I have just had the radiator sitting in the front of the case chassis. Ive been thinking of some ways to "mount" the radiator in place in the front. Does anyone have any ideas that they have done that worked well? Maybe some pictures? Any suggestions would help. :D

Thanks

You can always cut huge hole in front of case to mount rad there :)

But more serious (first idea wasn not 100%joke, you can always try it)- I'd rather suggest mouting it from inside to top of case, cutting proper holes and using some grills to protect it from falling objects, or to cut hole in side of case and mount it there.

You can always look fore Dodge's setup - very nice rad mounting there.

Bon3thugz43v3r, no offense but your avatar looks really scary man :p

Anyway i think there is 2 way, the easy way and the hard way (not really).

The easy way is "traditional way its to mount the rad rite at the front sucking air in using push-pull method.

The hard way requires a little work, you will duct the air side way, so cool air come in thro rad then come out on the other side. So air does not go in to your case. That way, you dont bring warm air and dust in to your case.

Thats what i think of so far :)

BE CRE8TIVE!

MameXP,

It depends on the size of your case I suppose. Here are some pics of when I had my rad in the front of my case.

http://users.adelphia.net/~link1305/water_old.html

water_3.jpg

link1305 said:
It depends on the size of your case I suppose. Here are some pics of when I had my rad in the front of my case.

http://users.adelphia.net/~link1305/water_old.html

water_3.jpg

Thats the case I have and maybe the some radiator cept im pushing air through rather than pulling it. I think I am gonna dremmel out a 120 MM hole for the fan then use zipties, that sounds like a pretty good idea. I would put it at the top, but thats where my pump is at (hard to explain.)

Why not cut a 120mm hole in the front drill the four holes for the fan and use threaded rods. Thats how I did my push/pull set up in my Chieftec Matrix case.

Thats a lot of work... Sigh, I dont want to take everything out of my case to cut all this crap but it looks like I am going to have to. I'll do it when I have the time..hmm never.

link1305, did you take the pic before it had a chance to blead out, it looks like alot of foam/air in your setup there, or are your tubes stained with something?

What case is that wear you were able to put the radiator above the PS?

No matter what you do I think in the end you will have to take the stuff out of your case.

Back