• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally Done! PICS!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ILikeMy240sx

My second time installing this setup... I cleaned up the wires, sealed all possible leaks, and re-did the hose routing. When I build this I had few things in mind.

1. Everything must be internal.
2. Everything must be strapped down.

I set these goals so I can carry it back and forth from my college to my house.
I've met all my goals.

Here are the pics

Side view Here is what the setup looks like.
Pump->HC->MCW5002->MCW50->Pump
fa8c03fc.jpg

Front 120mm hole cut with a Dremel. I used zipties to hold the heatercore assembly into place. I used the existing cmputer holes to tie it down so I wouldnt have to drill extra holes.
fa8c040a.jpg

Heatercore Here is a view of the HC assembly... Made with tupperware and I did my own mod to have it cover all 4 corners.
fa8c0407.jpg

Pump Outlet The outlet for the pump is conveniently located on the back of the computer.
fa8c03ff.jpg

Pump Mounting The pump is strapped down with a zip-tie and is sitting on top of a sponge to reduce vibration
fa8c0402.jpg

I really like the sponge-under-pump idea! I'm going to steal that ;)!

Did you use dye in your water, or is it just the color of the additive that you used - looks kinda like Water Wetter, except that mine was a lot paler back when I used it. The whole circuit is very clean what with the 1/2" ID tubing, and GPU block, I really like it.

I'm very impressed with that 120mm fanhole you cut with a Dremel. I cant even imagine doing that, very nicely done! Just for future reference a 4 1/2" holesaw bit will fit a 120mm fan perfect.

wannaoc said:
I'm very impressed with that 120mm fanhole you cut with a Dremel. I cant even imagine doing that, very nicely done! Just for future reference a 4 1/2" holesaw bit will fit a 120mm fan perfect.

Ye true i missed that. You must spend plenty of time doing it eh?

Hey man!
nice setup dude,
Love the dye color (LOL, JKing..)

I was wondering, will you be kind enough to mesure me the sizes of the pump man?

Edit: I pmmed you, What did you use to build that shroud?

Looks Great, hope you enjoy it.

Suma.

The water color is Zerex SRC.... its pink yes I loooooove pink!!!.....

The dremeling the hole took quiet a while but once I figure out how to do it... it was pretty easy. Using left to right to left(painter brush) motion... dremel cut through quickly

I actually got that sponge idea from link 1305 (credit goes to the man who deserves it) but I used zipties instead of bolts,nuts cuz I didnt feel like going to home depot :p

It's pretty quiet except for the PSU... The loudest thing in my computer (over 28dba) right now is the PSU Fortron 550w but other than that everything is quiet.

The pump dimensions without accessories (fittings, suction cups etc.): length:4.5"(114mm) width:3"(76mm)height:3.5"(89mm)

The shroud was made with Tupperware and packaging tape. More detailed is found here http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=240232

i used to use a sponge to isolate my pump (also a hydor L30), but even the vibrations through that annoyed me, so now it's suspended, hanging directly down from my rad, which is mounted blowing out of the top of the case in the 5 1/4" drive area. now i get NO vibrations =D
and no, it hasn't fallen off and i'm not worried about it falling off. these tubes are hard enough to get off when i WANT to, plus the metal hose clamps are on tight. suspending the pump is something i'd recommend to people looking for better vibration insulation, as long as you can hang the pump straight down - you don't want it hanging off your WB for instance, since you could bend the tubes or screw up the pressure on the mounting

So maybe it would be good to have it suspended (strings + springs), mounted not only from up but also from down, to have it rather tightly in one position.

btw, nice rig

LtBlue14 said:
i used to use a sponge to isolate my pump (also a hydor L30), but even the vibrations through that annoyed me, so now it's suspended, hanging directly down from my rad, which is mounted blowing out of the top of the case in the 5 1/4" drive area. now i get NO vibrations =D
and no, it hasn't fallen off and i'm not worried about it falling off. these tubes are hard enough to get off when i WANT to, plus the metal hose clamps are on tight. suspending the pump is something i'd recommend to people looking for better vibration insulation, as long as you can hang the pump straight down - you don't want it hanging off your WB for instance, since you could bend the tubes or screw up the pressure on the mounting

Well, I would just add some "cables" to secure the pump..
It's a 3 sec thing, and you will sleep better :)

Back