• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WinRar 3.20

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ronin1967

I used WinRar 3.20 to split a single .exe file into several managable parts. The purpose was to post the parts on my website one at a time so a friend could download them. The parts combine flawlessly but the question I have...

Is there a utility or a way in WinRar to combine the splits archives back into a single .exe file?

I believe there's an option top make it into a self executable and your just run the first file which then joins the rest.

Update, yes you can, ok how to:

Make split the file up how you would normally into rar files and once you done, open the first file in winrar go to the command menu and choose Convert archive to SFX then hit ok on the following window. Now all you need to give your friend is the new first file and all the rest of the old files... only the first file gets changed into an executable the rest stays as is and the first file will be able to extract them normally.

So the origional part.1 file can be deleted.

Back