• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS Office 2k3 and DRM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSUmaxx

I've been looking at upgrading to 2k3 from 2k, but I have something that I'm concerned about. I haven't been able to find an exact answer to my question, so I'm hoping one of you can help me.

I realize that Microsoft has implemented DRM into this release of Office. The main purpose being to allow you to classify your documents to only be read by certain groups/individuals. That's fine, but I read that you have to install DRM software onto your computer. Will this software only affect MS Office, or will it have other (possibly unwanted) effects on other applications and/or Windows itself?

Also, is there a way to completely not use the DRM features? My other machines run Office 2k, and I want those to be able to read my documents. Can I use 2k3 just like the old Office versions and not have to worry about anything?

Oops, just realized that MS refers to this as IRM, or information rights management.

OSUmaxx said:

Thanks for the info :)
:D :D :D
thanksfortheinfo.jpg

Back