• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with directx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

ok i installed 8.1b right restart then it would hang up same thing with 9b ersion what can i do ?

What type of video card do you have? Remember, your video card drivers might need to be updated as well when installing a newer version of directX.

Matt

vietp13 said:
i have ati 9700pro

You didn't have 8.1b installed prior to owning the 9700? What card did you have previously?

Matt

no no i reformatted my computer and everything and installed the new 3.9 catas
and then reboot and it froze for some odd reason..

vietp13 said:
no no i reformatted my computer and everything and installed the new 3.9 catas
and then reboot and it froze for some odd reason..

It seems as though many people have been having problems with the 3.9 cats. Try reinstalling windows again, but load 3.8 cats. The 3.9 have been causing freezes and computers not to boot, guess they were not perfect when they came out. Good luck!

Matt

mdcomp said:

It seems as though many people have been having problems with the 3.9 cats. Try reinstalling windows again, but load 3.8 cats. The 3.9 have been causing freezes and computers not to boot, guess they were not perfect when they came out. Good luck!

Matt

another good reason for choosing NVIDIA;)

hehehe lets not i think i fixed it so... hey thanks btw ill stick to ati hehe

powerme said:
another good reason for choosing NVIDIA;)

powerme is really an Nvidia sales rep in disguise, lol.
;)

Btw, glad to see that you got everything worked out vietp13. By any chance was I right? What actually fixed it?

Matt

ya you were kind of right... i reinstalled my comp i think the prob was THE NVIDIA DRIVERS FOR MY ABIT NF7-S MOBO BOARd :eek: so i went ahead installed 9.0b directx then got the omega drivers and now im set ^^

Wonderful!! I am so glad I could be of help to you. Feel free to post any other questions you have. See you around.

Matt

i do have a question on water cooling as of now we are speaking im a studented with a limited supply on money so far i have 150 what sorts of things do you recommend ?

vietp13 said:
i do have a question on water cooling as of now we are speaking im a studented with a limited supply on money so far i have 150 what sorts of things do you recommend ?

your water cooling question should be in "water cool section" NOT in "MS OS" section:p

mdcomp said:

powerme is really an Nvidia sales rep in disguise, lol.
;)

Matt

when you order any NVIDIA card in the future, all you need to do is to MENTION "powerme" to any dealers and you will get a discount

calL NVIDIA and mention my name, you even GET a BIG discount.

;) :p :D

happy shopping

Back