• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800E Reboot Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScottEslick

Registered
I just put together the system in Sig, I have tried almost everything, run memtest and pased, my temps are like 32°C idol, 40° load, everything set at defaul in bios, overclocked, refromated and reinstalled XP Pro.

I get ramdom reboots, I even got them with just XP installled.

Anyone have any ideas where to start to correct this problem.

TIA,
Scott

On my system, it's usually indicative of memory or video errors. You stated sytem all reformatted set at defaults and 'overclocked'? Not clear whether you're oc'd or not. Another issue could be heat. Is the heat sink well seated? Another suggestion would be to install the Asus Probe and monitor heat and voltage settings right up until reboot. If you use the history setting, it'll keep a record of the temps and volts up until the reboot. It might allow you to see if there's out of kilter there.
Good luck.

I also have this board, and just got a new rig built last night. Does the exact same thing. Tried diff. memory & declocking, and nothing. The hard drives would fail very sparatically, then we'd switch up the power circuit, and voila. I think its the power supply in my case, but not sure about you. Any answered would be DOUBLE appreciative. didn't try a diff. video card.

This may sound basic but sometimes it's the simple s*** that messes me up, did you install the drivers for the chipset and have you gotten the latest bios updates installed?
And secondly, is it overclocked?
Czmanz19: what are you using for the RAID? Is it an ATA set up or SATA off the onboard controller?

Back