• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best RAM for P4P800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ILikeMy240sx

I currently own OCZ Pc4000EL and it cant overclock very well.... the MAX I can go iw about 260. I want to sell these and replace them with RAM that can go atleast 300FSB at appropriate divider.

any recommendations?

I just read up some more and it seems like RAM with Ch-5 does terrible OCing.. I think thats what I ahve (I seem to have the bad luck of getting all the crappy ram chips such as Ch-5, Infineon) and BH-5 performs very well. Any rams that are guaranteed to have BH-5?

P4P800 isn't CH-5 friendly. Many ppl had problems going over 250 FSB or 260 FSB. The common issue - problem with memory dividers - boards like the Abit IS7/IC7 and Asus P4P800 have problems with operating at 5:4 or 3:2 after setting RAM @ 260 Mhz or over; most probably the RAM sets itself at 1:1 an the computer doesn't even POST. Adjusting timings are not of help either.

So better to stay away from memory with CH-5 chips if you plan to go higher than 250 Mhz - in that case you might opt for memories with Samsung or Hynix chips. Used them at 266 FSB at 5:4 ratio with P4P800, no issues.

BH-5 memries would be very nice, but difficult to find and quite pricey.

If you go for HyperX, look for the non-A versions. If it says PC3200A it's CH5 2-3-2-6, if it says PC3200 it's BH5 2-2-2-6. Do some more research before you order anything.

I've had nothing but problems with my Kingston Hyper X PC4000 I can get each 512 stick up to 250 indivdually but when running them togeather in Dual Channel mode they will only goto 245. I can't even run them well at 5:4 or 3:2

Looking for something to replace these.

I was wondering if anyone know if the the Kingston HyperX KHX3700K2/1G OC's well on the P4P800 Deluxe Mobo,

Would like to hear from anyone who has this mem on their P4P800 Deluxe. Success or Problems

I could not even find out if has any compatibility issues...

Called Kingston... said they do not test HyperX on systems
Called ASUS.... said to use memory on QVL..

Any thoughts?

Don't bother with kingston. Really. Get either OCZ Platinum Limited Edition or Mushkin Black Level 2. Those are the only chips that are being produced with BH5 right now. With anything else, it's pretty much a shot in the dark to get BH5. You just have to hope that the vendor hasn't already gotten in new stock.

In addition, PC4000 memory is CL3, which is hard to OC. PC3700 is the fastest CL2 memory out there. I went from PC4000 HyperX to PC3500 OCZ, and got 20 more FSB.

Back