• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it just me, or.......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

hi, My system specs are,
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
512MB PC2700 DDR
ASUS A7N8X Nforce 2
Western Digital 60GB SE

I have noticed the system seems a little laggy. My friend tells me the windows updates are what causes it. I dont know. when i first install XP it is cranking in speed, but after all win updates it is a little laggy in opening programs and other windows. What should i do?

oh heck, not slackware

get gentoo

but on answering your questions, try defragging/turning of unneeded services see if that helps anyw

lol, play nice linux boys :D
*cough*MS-DOS 6.02 ; )*cough*

I would reccomend defragging before and after installing updates, drivers, and anything of that sort. Also, disable services that you don't need (there are several sites on the net that explain them, ask if you can't find one :) ). If you haven't manually set your pagefile, trying to do that might help a bit as well.

JigPu

Im not a moron, i know all about defraggin and those unwanted programs. But it just lags when i install the updates. i reformatted my drive, and now it is much much faster, never again will i use win update.

dguy6789 said:
Im not a moron, i know all about defraggin and those unwanted programs. But it just lags when i install the updates. i reformatted my drive, and now it is much much faster, never again will i use win update.

yeah i find it really annoying also

i dont have any of the security patches installled :eek:

oh well if my windows install gets compromised im just gunna erase its partition

lol,, linux freaks,,,, i know its nicec and all but it doesnt solve the problem he is having,,, ussually disableing the services unneded in a local pc helps..especially background programs

Back