• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 Bios setting question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ravsitar

I jsut got my new system built with the IC7-G, 1gb of Mushkin lvl1 pc3200 ram and a p4 3Ghz for the main components. I'm looking for advice for bios settings. Esp the ones dealing with the ram. I do't plan on overclocking it. (aleast not for a couplemonths). I'll be going though the bios and tweaking as soon as my new ram gets here (had to ram the first pair because one stick was bad). Thanks

Here's the entire system specs:
Case: Lian Li PC60
Power supply: Antec True 430
Mobo: Abit IC7-G
CPU: P4 3Ghz
Heatsink: Zalman CNPS7000-Cu
Ram: 1GB Mushkin Lvl 1 PC3200 (2x512mb)
HD: 120GB SATA Western Digital
Video: Ati 9800pro 128MB
DVD: Sony 16x
CD: Plextor 40x Burner
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live Value (for now)
Monitor: Dell M990 19” CRT (Not flat fronted)
Apacer 6in1 USB 2 CF reader

if you aren't overclocking, then why fool around with bios settings?

try to run your ram as aggresive as possible, don't know if your lvl1 can do 2-2-2-5, but i know lvl2 can

and ummm, vdimm at 2.8 is a must, there is no point at running it at 2.6 (default)

and update your bios, there are numerous fixes

If you are not familiar with memory "timings", then the first thing you should know is that lower numbers are faster or sometimes called tighter. I agree with Solo, try running 2-5-2-2 (I think that is the order they are listed in your BIOS) with about 2.8 Vdimm (memory voltage). If that gives you problems, then you might try 2-7-3-3. Note that the second number must be at least equal to the sum of the last 2 numbers (7 >= 3+3).

Edward2 said:
If that gives you problems, then you might try 2-7-3-3. Note that the second number must be at least equal to the sum of the last 2 numbers (7 >= 3+3).

Why is that? I'm just curios, couse I've never heard that before.

thanx

Back