• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp pro machine won't boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fightingpiper

Ok yesterday I changed the name of this computer in winxp and it was working jsut fine. Now I cant get this thing to boot at all. wont boot even in safe mode......I get a split second blue screen (almost unnoticable) and then it restarts.....what to do????? should I try a repair from the XP disk?

thanks

I first tried the last known good and that didnt work.

I have never used the recovery console B4 but it asked which install to do I chose 1 because its the only one and then it asks for an admin password. I know I didn't password protect the admin account on this machine but it just goes to the C: prompt when I leave it blank and press return. WHat do I do next or what am I doing wrong??? thanks

Don't go to the recovery console just yet. Do the quick repair first.

how do I do the quick repair...

It didnt give me that option. Instead of hitting recovery console when I booted with the xp pro cd I hit enter to set up the hard drive and it didn't have a quick repair option there either..........any suggestions?

Back