• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80mm rads

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
I'm thinking about like a black ice micro 2 for my setup, I'm limited on space, and it's about all I can fit.

So, if I run that and my chevette heatercore in parrallel, will alot more water flow through the chevette since it has 1/2"ID fittings, and the BIM2 has 3/8?

If you can, modding the Black Ice Micro II to take 1/2" ID fittings is a definate possibility.

sysfx sells custom size radiators - I was going to buy one - but I was driven away by their *terrible* Reseller rating, and the fact that noone would answer their phone.

I managed to get a second Black ice Extreme on the forums - hopefully I can find room for it when it arrives ;)

I realise that, But will alot more water go through that.

like say that 60% goes through the chevette and 40% through the BIM2 would be fine.

But if it gets to where like 80% is going through the chevette, I'll have to find something less restrictive.

water will take the path of least resistance. you will have much more flow thru the HC than the BI micro.

And Adding 1/2" fittings to the Micro will accomplish nothing for flowrates thru it.

yeah the flow will be constricted,, hell id just use the heatcore with 1/2 fittings

I would, but I'll be using pelts, and I don't think my one chevette heatercore will keep up.

If you have access to this, Lada heatercore is said to be better than chevette - mostly thanks to less restrictions, but not only.

It may be not so easily avaible in your region tho as it's Russian design :)

Btw, if you want lots of active surface, you can also try my monster rad design:
- get car radiator
- have it "instead of side of case", with some shroud which would act as rest of side of case
- all fans blowing in or all out

Yea, but I need it to be small, does anyone know how to find info on the heatercore I mentioned above?

Back