• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I mount the radiator on top of case while still doing push/pull?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computerpro3

Just what the title says. How can I mount the rad on the top of the case, outside it, (because im limited with space; im willing to mod my case to hell but dont wanna lose space for RAID) but still do a push/pull setup with fans? Is it possible? It needs to look good too. Any ideas would be great!

Eh... I think the only way for it to be outside and look good at the same time is if its in an external box of some sort... If you are not looking to make your own box... then I suggest you have it inside.

As for mounting, cut a 120mm hole, drill 4 holes use either zipties or bolts, nuts, washers to strap it down to the case

What is up with ILikeMy240sx and zipties? I always see him suggesting everything with zipties. J/K man.

computerpro3, go with the nuts and bolts man. It'll be more secure so you can worry less what might happen. It's not like we don't have to worry enough already with the possiblity of having a failed pump, leaks, etc. Use a fan shroud for each of the fans. Be sure to have an air filter on top since dust makes a very unhappy WC'er.

Keep us posted man. We need pics.

Sneakytermite said:
What is up with ILikeMy240sx and zipties? I always see him suggesting everything with zipties. J/K man.

computerpro3, go with the nuts and bolts man. It'll be more secure so you can worry less what might happen. It's not like we don't have to worry enough already with the possiblity of having a failed pump, leaks, etc. Use a fan shroud for each of the fans. Be sure to have an air filter on top since dust makes a very unhappy WC'er.

Keep us posted man. We need pics.

hahahha dude im telling you i cant live without zipties... its so easy and it holds everything securely... And its good for u lazy peepz like me!! :D

computerpro3 said:
Just what the title says. How can I mount the rad on the top of the case, outside it, (because im limited with space; im willing to mod my case to hell but dont wanna lose space for RAID) but still do a push/pull setup with fans? Is it possible? It needs to look good too. Any ideas would be great!

What case do you have? Most cases have so many drive bays that you can easily sacrifice a few to accomodate a rad. I've done this myself; gave up 4 internal 3.5" bays, and I'm still running raid-0. The magic trick is a couple of 5.25"-to-3.5" brackets. :)

Re: Re: How can I mount the radiator on top of case while still doing push/pull?

FIZZ3 said:

What case do you have? Most cases have so many drive bays that you can easily sacrifice a few to accomodate a rad. I've done this myself; gave up 4 internal 3.5" bays, and I'm still running raid-0. The magic trick is a couple of 5.25"-to-3.5" brackets. :)

i got a generic mid tower case:mad: :mad: :mad: , and there is 4 5.25 bays (which are all full now with the bayres, so no room there) and a ton of 3.25 bays. I could fit my rad at the bottom if i cut out all the internal cages and slapped my hard drive in the external 3.25 bay not taken up by the floppy, but then i have no room for future raid, which is important for me. I will probably go that route anyway, ugggh.

Back