• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ready for Vidmm mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ILikeMy240sx

I just ordered a set of 1gb Hyyper X PC3200 BH-5 chip
I want to run this at 3.3v so Im going to do a vmod on this mobo.

My mobo is Asus P4P800

I ordered
-multimeter
-smd grabber
-50k potentiometer

Is there anything I should know or be aware of before I start?

Get a few extra smd grabbers.. use two spares to make a voltage testing wire that connects to the mosfet leg...very handy and you don't run the risk of unsteady hands frying the board.

the max voltage you can send your mem is almost exactly the same as the 3.3 line reading in bios hardware monitor so check it and that will tell you your max attainable mem voltage:)

climbski said:
Get a few extra smd grabbers.. use two spares to make a voltage testing wire that connects to the mosfet leg...very handy and you don't run the risk of unsteady hands frying the board.

the max voltage you can send your mem is almost exactly the same as the 3.3 line reading in bios hardware monitor so check it and that will tell you your max attainable mem voltage:)

Im not on my home computer right now but I think my 3.3 line was something like 3.305 or something like that so I guess I shouldnt have any trouble going 3.3.

BTW, I thank you climbsky for leading me into right direction from the gecko

climbski said:

Do you know which mofset legs are for testing voltage?

The one with the green circle around it in the first post of the vdimm mod thread in this forum.

I just hope 2x512 modules don't need extra voltage..or you may need to increase your 3.3V line which can be done so don't worry too much:)

climbski said:
The one with the green circle around it in the first post of the vdimm mod thread in this forum.

I just hope 2x512 modules don't need extra voltage..or you may need to increase your 3.3V line which can be done so don't worry too much:)

lolz it seems like modding will never end.. Any info on how to do this? my PSU is about the only thing that still has its warranty hehe

Try this
enermod.jpg

Ok looks simple enough. If it comes down to it... Ill void the last warranty I have. So you put the resisitor/VR and adjust the VR until it reads something like 3.4?

edit.. 3.5 in your case :D

My electronic stuff (Smd grabbers and what not should come sometime next week... I cant wait... I cant wait.. I want to join you in the 300+ club)

Back