• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

time enabled password only access?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

im looking for a program that say between the hours of 7am and 5pm you need to enter a password to beable to use either of my two computers that are on 24/7 folding?
but I don't want it to decrease my production #'s, that means no gay screensavers... just something to keep sombody from going online really

I'm not sure if it's possible, but you might be able to set up a scheduled task to run the Black Screen screensaver (command would be "c:\windows\system32\dllcache\scrnsave.scr /s" on my XP box) at the times you want. Then, click the "On Resume, Password Protect" checkbox in the Screensaver Properties.

I've never actually done this, so I don't know if the system will prompt for the password like it should, but if it does, it's probably the easiest solution that won't eat up CPU time :).

EDIT: Just got home to test this, and it dosen't work... Bummer...
JigPu

Last edited:
Back