• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Block with peltier?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doc_colton

I put a Swiftech MCW50-T in my system. Swiftech says it's 80W pelt puts out 115W of heat. I've noticed my coolant temps are up as are my CPU temps. I have access to a second Dtek heatercore. I was wondering if using the second rad in series would help, running pump - rad1 - cpu - rad2 - GPU - pump, or given the heat the GPU pelt is putting out, run two separate loops? I'm using a MCP600 pump, Dtek Whitewater block and 1/2" I/D tubing.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

http://forum.oc-forums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=241747

A second heatercore might help, and if you don't have to buy another then I would try putting it in. I don't think a second loop just for the GPU is necessary though, but it depends what the results are after you try the second heatercore.

You could also try putting the CPU and GPU in parrallel intstead of series so that the GPU block restriction isn't cutting down the flowrate through your CPU block as much. But I'm not sure how the flowrate will behave exactly if it's split in two or if it's just in series. I know the CPU block would likely get more flow because GPU blocks are generally smaller and more restrictive, but splitting the flow in parrallel will also reduce your flow rate. You'd have to test and find out, or trust someone else's opinion who's done it before.

Last edited:
Back