• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eheim 1048 with 2wbs and a heatercore...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Hey guys,
As you can see in this thread I got my w/c parts togther, with no pump (no $).
I already own:
1. Eheim 1048 - 600l/h
2. Hydor clone - 750l/h

Well will the 1048 (600l/h) be enough for this setup:
Dangerden RBX
Dangerden Maze4 GPU
Heatercore

Suma.

I may be alright, the RBX will need high flow to function right. I would get a E-1250 or a Hydor L30, those 2 pumps can do almost anyhthing you need.

I was going to get the L30, but I found that I don't have any cash left.

Well, I can always urn the two in parallel.

Suma said:
I was going to get the L30, but I found that I don't have any cash left.

Well, I can always urn the two in parallel.
Suma I would run them in SERIES. I would have the lower pressure pump directly feeding the higher pressure pump. You should in theory get the sum of the pressure (max head) of both pumps.

Well just saw your post.
I just remembered, I need one of the pumps for my old rig.
the 3/8" one.
anyway I think I'll go and find another Hydor Clone, they are extemely cheap (12$) and quiet (after the Impeller mod) I just need to goop it (seal it).

Well, my bro is paying a visit in Jan, he's a new yorker, I can ship the L30 to his place and make him bring it for me with no shipping costs.

Suma

nikhsub1 said:

Suma I would run them in SERIES. I would have the lower pressure pump directly feeding the higher pressure pump. You should in theory get the sum of the pressure (max head) of both pumps.

That's just overkilled man. Why not just get a strong pump? You'd save money from having to buy two weaker pumps. The extra power requires for two pumps, extra power cords, tubing, etc = too much trouble.

Well the 750 l/h is really cheap, less then 12$, and I can it localy.
Getting the L30 locally requires 450¤/100$ Well, that's just too expensive for me. Well I think I'll do what I wrote in the last post, check that out.

¤ = New Israeli Sheqel, Israeli money (Go figure...)

Suma.

Back