• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do i get rid of msn?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rashio_UK

hi,
i have msn messenger on my pc which has xp pro on it, and i want to know how to get rid of msn messenger from running in the background. i have msn 6 and that is fine by the msn that came with xp runs in the background without me knowing it, so as soon as i connect to the internet it connects to the internet.
so is there some way to get rid of msn?
i have been on the older msn that runs in the background and told it not to connect when i connect to the internet but t keeps on doin it :mad:
i have also been in to msconfig in run and stopped it from opening but it carries on opening when windows start up.
when i push crtl+alt+delete and go on to process i see msmsgs.exe now if i close this exe it closes msn messenger so what i want to know is if there is a way stop this exe strating up every time windows starts up?

help
thanks

Last edited:
Ok click....

Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Click the 'Add/Remove Windows Components' Tab....let it load then scroll down and un-tick 'Windows Messenger'.... and then click next :)

Enjoy!

Back