• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BH7 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wado1

last night i was building a computer for my friend that was very similar to mine, here is the list of components he has

Abit BH7
2.0A p4 with 400mhz fsb (with intel heatsink and fan i gave him cause im using a thermaltake one and i neva used the intel one)
2 256mb Kingston PC2100 sticks
1 80gig WD HD with 2mb cache
1 80gig WD HD with 8mb cache
ATI Xpert 2000Pro video card(he is not concerned with gaming as of now)
10 bay beige evercase case
330w power supply (this one came with my case, i have the same case he had but mine is black, i gave him this one cause i bought a 450w one cause of my ocing, neva had a prob with this supply)

ok, here is the problem....i hooked up everything correct but the first time i turned it on, we smelled a burning smell, more specifically, electrical burning. So i turned it off, it was on for a total of maybe 10 secs at the most.

we waited a couple minutes and tried to turn it on, but now we get nothing....the D17 led comes on on the motherboard but nothing starts up.

my question, is it the power supply, motherboard, or maybe cpu

i say the cpu because i locked the heatsink and fan on the cpu but with no artic silver because i though the black stuff on the bottom of the heat sink was the grease.

please help!

I would guess the PSU.

Try hooking up only the bare essentials also. Mobo, CPU, RAM, Graphics...

we bought another psu and only hooked up the bare essentials...and still nothing.....it may be the board...i dont know...thanks for your suggestion.

anyone else?

Back